CBD has made itself an integral part of every sphere of our lives. From recreational uses to medicinal needs, CBD has something to offer to everyone. The cosmetic industry is the latest addition to the never-ending list of markets that use CBD as an ingredient. With its therapeutic properties, CBD is not only helping cure many skin ailments but also providing nourishment to the skin. If your skin is prone to infections or inflammation, it is time to ditch your standard products and opt for CBD. Are you wondering how CBD can relieve skin problems? Read on and find out.
What is CBD?
CBD or Cannabidiol is a compound found in cannabis plants. It is one of the hundreds of cannabinoids present in the plant, and it decides how the cannabis will affect you. CBD is a non-psychoactive, medicinal cannabinoid that can play a pivotal role in keeping many physical and mental ailments at bay. It interacts with the endocannabinoid system that is present in our body to regulate essential functions like appetite, mood, pain, sleep, the immune system, and even reproductive health. CBD is also abundant with the necessary nutrients that your body needs and helps keep you healthy. There are some strains that are abundant in CBD, and using them can provide you with instant therapeutic effects.
What skin problems can you solve with CBD?
CBD is a storehouse of nutrients that can help alleviate many skin ailments as follows:
Rising pollution levels and frequent weather changes can make your skin dry. It steals the moisture from your skin, making it cracked and dry. In times like these, your skin needs proper care and nourishment. If you have tried and tested regular moisturizers and failed to get soft skin, maybe it is time to give CBD a chance.
- How it works: CBD extracted from the cannabis plant is rich in fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6. With the abundance of proteins, vitamins, and fatty acids, CBD can provide the nourishment that your ailing skin needs. The skin pores absorb the CBD and it goes through the deep layers while healing the dryness. It can even promote the growth of skin cells and repair the skin in case of wounds or bruises.
People who have psoriasis know that it can be really hard to cope with. This auto-immune disease fastens the process of skin regeneration. Ideally, the skin of a healthy person takes about 30 days to regenerate, but for a person with psoriasis, it takes only 2-3 days. The old skin doesn’t get enough time to shed when the new layer starts coming up, and it leads to the accumulation of dead skin. It can lead to red patches on your skin with dry and white edges, that cause pain and irritation. While there are plenty of medical creams to help relieve psoriasis, CBD can offer instant relief.
- How it works: The cannabinoid CBD is known to bind itself with the receptors present inside our body and interacts with the endocannabinoid system. When CBD enters your body, it can inhibit the proliferation of the keratinocytes, which are majorly responsible for the faster growth of cells. The anti-inflammatory effects of acne can also bring instant relief to the irritation and pain caused by psoriasis.
Dermatitis is yet another skin disorder that CBD can help with. It leads to the occurrence of red, itchy patches on the skin. Dermatitis is an inflammatory disease that mostly affects people during the colder months. If you are suffering from dermatitis, the chances are high that your doctor might have recommended corticosteroids to you. These creams can cause damage to your overall health, so it is best to opt for CBD.
- How it works: CBD can naturally reduce the redness or itchiness you feel around the rash. The anti-microbial properties of CBD can also make your skin healthy and alleviate dermatitis.
Acne is among the common skin problems that trouble people of all ages. From hormonal changes to environmental reasons, stress to infections, anything can become the cause of stubborn acne. The sebaceous glands are primarily responsible for producing oil in your skin. When they start producing excess oil, it gets trapped with the dirt or other pollutants in the skin pores and result in acne. Acne can also form on your face when the hair follicles get trapped in the skin pores. The therapeutic properties of CBD can help reduce acne and redness that comes with it.
- How it works: CBD can interact with the endocannabinoid system to alter the production of oil by the sebaceous glands. It can significantly reduce the occurrence of acne. Besides that, the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD also soothe the skin and help with irritation or redness.
No one likes to get old, and the idea of wrinkles and fine lines is enough to keep them up at night. Are you noticing signs of aging like crows feet, fine lines or wrinkles? A lot of factors can be behind it. From stress to hormonal changes, skin dryness to inflammation, it can all lead to wrinkles. The process of oxygen metabolism can also do severe damage to skin cells and tissues, making your face look older.
- How it works: CBD is an antioxidant that replenishes the moisture in your skin and prevents the signs of aging. It also gives a boost to the production of collagen that can make your skin elastic and supple, and reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and crows feet.
People all around the globe are making the most of the therapeutic effects of CBD. It is a natural, medicinal compound that can heal you from within, without adversely impacting your overall health. While the jury is still out, people report that their skin conditions are improving tremendously with regular use of CBD. If the regular cosmetic products have let you down enough and your skin needs some extra dose of tender care, CBD can be your best skincare ally. Get yourself the best CBD skincare products or CBD edibles today to get glowing and healthy skin.